Sunday, April 29, 2012

Southern Corn Pudding



This is the corn pudding that I bring to the family dinners. It's easy to make and I've never had it not turn out. I make a large pan of it, but you can cut it in half for a smaller group.

Southern Corn Pudding

(serves 12)

Ingredients:
  • 6 eggs
  • 3 cups milk (see Note 1)
  • 6 cups fresh corn, cut from the cob (see Note 2)
  • 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper (white pepper looks best) 
Directions: 
  1. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 pan (Crisco works great)
  2. Spread drained corn evenly in the bottom of the pan
  3. Combine eggs & milk, & melted butter, beating well (I give it a quick whirl in a blender)
  4. Add flour, sugar, salt & pepper & give another quick whirl to combine
  5. Pour blender contents evenly over corn
  6. Do not panic when it looks like corn soup!
  7. Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until set and top is a nice golden color.

Recipe notes:
  • Note 1 - frozen or canned corn (drained) works fine
  • Note 2 - substitute half & half for all or part of 3 cups milk for a very rich recipe
  • This recipe is easy to cut in half (serves 6) - use 1-1/2 quart baking dish

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment