Making Wicked Wienies doesn't get much easier and once you get them going in the crock pot, you can forget them .... until it's appetizer time. I think these are my very favorite hot hors d'oeuvre .
Large Batch in the Crock Pot:
- 2 packages Little Smokies (50 per pack, total 100)
- 1 bottle (32 or 36 oz.) ketchup*
- 1 bottle (10-16 oz.) BBQ sauce*
- 1/2 cup bourbon*
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Mix all, add sausages, put in the crock pot on high for several hour, then switch to low for a couple of hours - total 6-8 hours minimum.
Small Batch for Pot or Small Crock Pot:
- 1 package Little Smokies (50 per package)
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Heat in a pot until good and hot or follow crock pot directions above.
*recipe note - I use cheap ..... store brand ketchup & BBQ sauce ... cheap bourbon. If you want to use Hunts/Heinz ketchup, Sweet Baby Ray's/Bone Suckin' BBQ sauce, and your Wild Turkey, feel free to do that, but I'm here to tell 'ya that after 8 hours in the crock pot, Great Value ketchup/BBQ sauce and a cheap bourbon blend just fine and I doubt you would be able to tell the difference.

No comments:
Post a Comment